September 19th through 24th, 2010
Elaine Frenett & Jean Warren, Tandem Teach
Lake Alpine, just east of Bear Valley in California

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Arriving at Lake Alpine, Anticipation

This textual trek back through my days at Lake Alpine will flood my memory with smiles. I'm so excited to share this day-by-day commentary with you, hoping to vicariously share some of the experience. Not only will I be including my text and images , but Jean has added lil' snippets which I'll pop in too! And many of the best photos will be from images shared already by my amazing participants. So here goes . . .

Jean and I arrived late afternoon, Friday, September 17th about an hour apart. Her drive took about 5-6 hours, mine was a full 8 hours. She was the early one and had already done this creative rendition of our temporary cabin, The Tamarac, when I arrived. For two nights we'd be in this more compact lodging, until the largest cabin, The Ponderosa, was available. The cabin had small rustic touches that "made" the charm. Each time we entered the bathroom, one couldn't help but smile. Now "who" has had a bear accompany them in the bathroom before? And the cute triangular sink fit demurely into the tiny corner of the bathroom. The walls were of this assembled logs and added to the cozy, warm feeling of the rooms.

After unloading, we took a quiet walk around the lake. The clear blue sky reflected majestically in the calm water and as we headed back to the lodge, we notice the "approaching-full-moon" phase is watching our movements. Next to the full view windows of the restaurant, we sampled the dinners at the Lake Alpine Lodge. Substantial and mouthwatering was our verdict - oh no! Good thing we had many activities that would help us work off the mountain meals.

We nested into our cabin for an early to bedtime, ready for a full discovery day tomorrow. The adventure had begun ~ and my mouth was watering with anticipation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment