September 19th through 24th, 2010
Elaine Frenett & Jean Warren, Tandem Teach
Lake Alpine, just east of Bear Valley in California

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Jean's Samplings

I promised to tease you with a snippet of what my amazing Tandem-teacher, Jean Warren, will be offering up. So here's some teeney lil' postage stamp size images that will give you something to digest and, at least for me, to drool over.

Perhaps you can start to guess some of the words or questions Jean will be asking along these "sketch lines"? Could you see things differently if you attempt to portray your world with these kind of images? How are these different from how you usually work artistically?

One of the many things I have admired about Jean's creative process is that she moves beyond or approaches what she chooses to express often in ways I can't even imagine. This, I hope, will help me perceive the world around me with new eyes. And that is a gift not just for us artists but, it can present a fresh perspective with which to experience our lives. In fact . . . a favorite quote I often apply to an uncomfortable situation in my life is "Above all else, allow me to see this differently."

I'm very excited to be pushing myself right along with you other participants in this expanding retreat by having Jean Warren lead us into experiencing in new ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment